Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to need a bigger motor, My brother and newphew just bought a pair
of 1000XT-P's and all I've been hearing about is how there going to spank me
from 2 sides at once. 13 850HO I did the QSC clutch, elka shocks and 27" grim reapers.
Other than staying home I think I'm screwed!!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Ray..just ride proud....its not who won the race..its about the fun you had riding....lol...

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Just whip it out and prove you don't need a bigger machine to be bigger than them. lol.

·
Premium Member
11,998 Posts
ur bike is clutched I think ur going to hand it to them. I have read guys have beat 1G's with their 850's.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You got a good chance. Those 1000's are fast though especially if they have stock wheel and tire set up. What will be real funny though is to see who's faster between the two of them. Trust me, same exact bike but 1 of them is faster. In the end, y'all have 3 of the top machines on the market and should have a blast on the trails together

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Sorry bud, I think you're going to need more displacement or a long enough race area to take them on top end... I rode both when I bought my scrambler and those can am 1000s are fast, especially on the low end.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I think you'll be just fine. With them saying they're gonna spank ya, well thats just a can am owners personality that theirs are the best. Your clutch 850 will do everything they can do, except you'll be doing it in more of a comfortable ride lol. Yes they will most likely beat you on take off and top speed but you will not be spanked by any means!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
thery will get you out of the hole but you will catch and creep by in mid range and then keep going
put the stock tires back on when you race it will make the difference
my buddy has the 1000 can am outtie and I can creep away pisses him off

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Why do you care if they are faster going down a road at full tilt? How often do you do that? With your clutch and tires take them somewhere that you need to be able to drive rather than just hang on and see who does better. Nothing like a bit of mud to separate the contenders from the pretenders. That being said they will always be able to go faster than you because of the speed limiters but really who cares cause your wife is hotter at the end of the day anyways or in your eyes she better be or the quad you HAD will be irrelevant. ;)

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Our group of buddy's its all about who is faster
its all about lining them up
AND THEN GO HOME AND WRENCH AND START OVER AGAIN NEXT SAT.
THATS WHAT WE ARE INTO

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Around here we have thousands of miles of trails and for us its more like: From here to there in a straight line no matter what gets in your way. Over, under, through your choice make it happen. One ride we were on some power lines and we did probably 10 miles in 6 hours. Speed is fun but for us the joy comes from making it through something someone else did not.

I tell all my sled buddies that quadding is like the best day you had boon docking on a sled but you do it in shorts and sandals.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
THATS WHAT WE ARE INTO

Sounds like some guys that need to lay off the testosterone enhancement pills.

·
Registered
270 Posts
THATS WHAT WE ARE INTO

Sounds like some guys that need to lay off the testosterone enhancement pills.
Everyone has their different reasons for riding whether it be mudding, railing it in twisty trails or just enjoying the scenery.
Back in the day, me as well as all my sledding buddies had to be the fastest....til this day, (even though I don't...try to race, hahaha) it always puts a smile on my face when my "old" Yamaha Attak (2006)kicks new technology ass!!!! Testosterone, maybe, loyal to your brand & willing to defend it.......:)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
i really dont think they will spank you. not that bad atleast. machines like these it comes down to the rider. if you have the balls to hold yours down to the bar on the trails, and they dont, guess whos going to win.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I'm going to need a bigger motor, My brother and newphew just bought a pair
of 1000XT-P's and all I've been hearing about is how there going to spank me
from 2 sides at once. 13 850HO I did the QSC clutch, elka shocks and 27" grim reapers.
Other than staying home I think I'm screwed!!
Its your brother and nephew so let them talk. Thats part of the fun of riding with friends and family and if you do actually get a couple runs in have fun win or lose. There will be plenty of smack talk on both sides sooner or later,you got a great bike so no worries

·
Premium Member
11,998 Posts
Take them out in the snow or to a rockpile and see how the visco-no lock canned ham boys do.
Simple but solid point. Couple of weeks back I was running with a Rene 800 and it handed it to me whiping through the quicker faster trails but but when sh!t got deep knarly and steep. It was the popo's world. And its so true the polaris 4x4 system is far better then the hams.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts