Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went through a frustrating experience trying to buy a couple of Can Am atv's. The Polaris dealer worked with me and he got the sale, I saved a lot of money over the Can Ams and if the quads turn out to be fairly problem free I'll be a very happy camper!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
what machine did you end up buying?.. I can't speak to the can-am dealer experience but I'm sad to say I've met a couple of polaris dealers I wouldn't give a bucket of sh&^%%t to much less my money.. To be fair, they weren't bad guys I suppose, but certainly not interested in earning a new customer.. Not specific to just polaris, but I was also turned off by how shockingly under informed they were about their own products.. I'm sure all brands have a few like the ones I'm talking about.. I talked circles around them (largely thanks to this forum).. To even the score though.. I also know a couple of polaris dealers that are absolutely fantastic.. I will say as I've been poking around and considering a sportsman 570 as a second machine. I did look at the can-am's for the sake of comparison.. I knew they were pricey, but didn't realize they were as expensive as they are.. Here in Canada anyway, the 500xt with power steering is $1350 more than a 570 with eps.. To jump to the XT which will get you brush guards and a winch it's $2000 more.. Hope your like your new Polaris!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what machine did you end up buying?.. I can't speak to the can-am dealer experience but I'm sad to say I've met a couple of polaris dealers I wouldn't give a bucket of sh&^%%t to much less my money.. To be fair, they weren't bad guys I suppose, but certainly not interested in earning a new customer.. Not specific to just polaris, but I was also turned off by how shockingly under informed they were about their own products.. I'm sure all brands have a few like the ones I'm talking about.. I talked circles around them (largely thanks to this forum).. To even the score though.. I also know a couple of polaris dealers that are absolutely fantastic.. I will say as I've been poking around and considering a sportsman 570 as a second machine. I did look at the can-am's for the sake of comparison.. I knew they were pricey, but didn't realize they were as expensive as they are.. Here in Canada anyway, the 500xt with power steering is $1350 more than a 570 with eps.. To jump to the XT which will get you brush guards and a winch it's $2000 more.. Hope your like your new Polaris!
The Can Am sales people were kids and we figure they simply do not follow up with potential customers. I was going to get a Outy1000XTP and a 500XT, now I have a Scrambler LE and a 550 LE as well as an extra $6500.00 in my jeans. I realise $3000.00 of that is the 2 year warranty I didn't get with Polaris. But that will cover a few repairs and we are not hard on equipment. I am in my mid 50's but own a Yammie WR450 modded and race a 9 sec Shelby Mustang so no stranger to power. :veryhappy:

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Dealers are independently owned and operated. They have no affiliations with the brands they sell. Your local can am dealer may suck, but that doesn't mean there are not some very excellent can am dealers out there. The same is true for every brand and their dealers.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
3 Grand for a warranty!!!! Heck I can replace half of both bikes for that off of ebay. $1,500 per bike for that term is a rip off! Plus the bike probably would have to be completely stock for them to replace anything.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3 Grand for a warranty!!!! Heck I can replace half of both bikes for that off of ebay. $1,500 per bike for that term is a rip off! Plus the bike probably would have to be completely stock for them to replace anything.
Yes $1500 for extra 18 months, Polaris was the same cost. I will gladly wrench it myself.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealers are independently owned and operated. They have no affiliations with the brands they sell. Your local can am dealer may suck, but that doesn't mean there are not some very excellent can am dealers out there. The same is true for every brand and their dealers.
Agreed, I should have stated the 2 local dealers here suck.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Yeah, Don't count out a brand based on a bad dealer. There are far more bad dealers than there are good ones. You can have 5 dealers in a 100 mile radius and maybe 1 will be a good dealer ship. one other may be decent. But the other three will be crap.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, Don't count out a brand based on a bad dealer. There are far more bad dealers than there are good ones. You can have 5 dealers in a 100 mile radius and maybe 1 will be a good dealer ship. one other may be decent. But the other three will be crap.
Well the decent one turned out to be Monti's Boat Sale on Vancouver Island, I believe they realised I was the guy holding the 20 plus grand. They are beautiful looking machines and can't wait to break them in.

·
Registered
81 Posts
9 sec. stick car. That is impressive even more so being a ford! :poke:

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
those are some pretty bikes. The ford I could care less for. No offence. Not your fault they fail on race day. :moa::friday:

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
well, as I'm sure you know. We love pics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts