Polaris ATV Forum banner

Can Am owner

6K views 65 replies 19 participants last post by  Xpialidocious 
#1 ·
Been a member of this forum since 2018, haven't posted in quite a while, you folks non-Polaris Tolerant?🤔 Not a basher just like to ride and share pics of those rides. Is there a non Polaris section or thread here?

#3 · (Edited)
I live in South West Montana, rode in an area called Pipestone. One of the only areas still open this late in the year. Surprised we were able to get out but we haven't had much snow yet. Most of our trails close down mid October. Yeah the SXS's seem to have taken over alot of the market. I think there's a place for them but my wife and I aren't ready to go there yet. Most of the trails that we ride are 50" and even though the Razors and Maverick trails are 50" they are tight in a lot of areas and imo, limit visibility. Most of the 50" trails have rocks steel posts, fence posts, or arched cattle guards spaced at 50" to go through, the way some of these are positioned won't allow a Razor to pass let alone a Maverick trail. Can't maneuver through because of length, or the ground is really sloped and the fence posts are plumb and the SXS's lean ro the side too much and are rubbing fenders, doors, and even upper roof. We'll stick with the atv's for now, maybe someday will make the transition or just have both. I can see the advantages of either. Neighbors have a Razor with windshield and can zip up side windows and turn the heater on. Early and late season riding would make that handy. The Forest Service here does a great job of maintaining the trails and we love riding in the Mountains, not much for road riding. We found that the bigger machines in our area really limit us to where we can go. Was able to take a friend out over the Thanksgiving weekend, that doesn't happen much in this area. Here's a few pics of this last weekend and a few from the summer. The tunnel we ride through also creates issues for the SXS's, there's not much clearance for the roof at the corners. Sorry for the sideways pics sending from my phone and haven't figured out how to rotate them yet
Sky Wheel Tire Mountain Cloud
Tire Wheel Plant Sky Vehicle
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Asphalt Grey Road surface Motor vehicle
Plant Tower Wood Tree Grass
Cloud Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Plant Plant community Motor vehicle
Sky Plant Mountain Ecoregion People in nature
View attachment 160031
Sky Plant Vehicle Cloud Plant community
Tire Mountain Sky Land vehicle Wheel
Plant Mountain Plant community People in nature Sky
Cloud Wheel Tire Plant Sky
Sky Mountain Plant Ecoregion Natural landscape
Sky Mountain Plant Slope Natural landscape

#7 ·
I live in South West Montana, rode in an area called Pipestone. One of the only areas still open this late in the year. Surprised we were able to get out but we haven't had much snow yet. Most of our trails close down mid October. Yeah the SXS's seem to have taken over alot of the market. I think there's a place for them but my wife and I aren't ready to go there yet. Most of the trails that we ride are 50" and even though the Razors and Maverick trails are 50" they are tight in a lot of areas and imo, limit visibility. Most of the 50" trails have rocks steel posts, fence posts, or arched cattle guards spaced at 50" to go through, the way some of these are positioned won't allow a Razor to pass let alone a Maverick trail. Can't maneuver through because of length, or the ground is really sloped and the fence posts are plumb and the SXS's lean ro the side too much and are rubbing fenders, doors, and even upper roof. We'll stick with the atv's for now, maybe someday will make the transition or just have both. I can see the advantages of either. Neighbors have a Razor with windshield and can zip up side windows and turn the heater on. Early and late season riding would make that handy. The Forest Service here does a great job of maintaining the trails and we love riding in the Mountains, not much for road riding. We found that the bigger machines in our area really limit us to where we can go. Was able to take a friend out over the Thanksgiving weekend, that doesn't happen much in this area. Here's a few pics of this last weekend and a few from the summer. The tunnel we ride through also creates issues for the SXS's, there's not much clearance for the roof at the corners. Sorry for the sideways pics sending from my phone and haven't figured out how to rotate them yet View attachment 160021 View attachment 160022 View attachment 160023 View attachment 160026 View attachment 160027 View attachment 160028 View attachment 160029 View attachment 160030 View attachment 160031 View attachment 160032 View attachment 160033 View attachment 160034 View attachment 160035 View attachment 160036 View attachment 160037
That is some beautiful country to ride in. Nice. Thanks for the pics.

#4 ·
Yeah we can't allow you to post if you have a canned ham 🤣🤣🤣🤣.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Plant community

#9 ·
@ArlyA this will be you soon enough.
Tire Wheel Motocross Automotive tire Motorcycle

#10 ·
My buddy just picked this up. I want him to bring it down to HMT SOOOOO BADLY next spring. Could you imagine someone wheeling this in them there "hills and hollars"???
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Reactions: ArlyA
#14 ·
Hey I even made the canned ham website!

Let's play a game, "where in the world is bp405"???

Plant Photograph Plant community Ecoregion World

#23 ·
#19 ·
bp405, must live near the HMT, have done some rea as ing about it. Looks like a great place to ride. We have some trails that connect and could probably make a 2-3 day ride out of but the wife wouldn't camp over night. With all the grizzly activity here I would agree with her. They need to open up a season on them, they are really becoming brazen in this area. The treehuggers have to save them all you know. I know a veterinarian who works for the fishwildlife and parks, I asked her point blank what her feeling was on Opening up a season on Grizzly bears Grizzly bears. She said if they did they wouldn't have To kill so many. She said they really need to get it under control because It is getting out of control. They did the same thing with the walls up here when they released them back into Yellowstone park. Their population has exploded to the point attacking people's cattle and sheep and affecting their livelihood. They eventually allowed farmers and ranchers to shoot them if they Killing their animals. Yet they finally had to open up a season on them because they are just out of control. They have decimated our elk population, 1/2 the time they don't even eat what they kill, Have seen videos of them just killing for the sport or training for the young ones And leaving the kill to rot. All of that to say it would be fun to be able to ride a series of trails and camp overnight.

#20 ·
HMT is a blast! Obviously for me and the crew it's convenient enough be just about 600 miles away and some of the better riding in the country. I've been out to Utah to ride and man would love to get back out there and MORE like CO, CA, AR, and .......................

I would encourage you to get down there at least once to experience it for yourselves.

#22 · (Edited)
I would really like to get down to Utah, I have heard that the riding there is unbelievable as well. That is very doable for me as it is only about about 350 miles or so. But the HMT looks like an unbelievable trail system. Here's one that we woukd like To do we were gonna do it this last summer but couldn't Find anyone to shuttle vehicles it ends up on top of the Beartooth pass, Or are the most beautiful places around here I think.

Attachments

#24 ·
Mountain Sky Motor vehicle Vehicle Highland

#33 ·
@FPD218 What are you like 5'5"???? I'm starting to think you have a Napoleon complex!!!!

#27 ·
Noticed in the video the one guys was talking about trying to take those trucks across the upper Reno divide trail over by Crested Butte. That's knarly on an atv with a couple friends spotting you. No way I'd ride a Toyota truck across it lol.
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Mountain

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Motor vehicle

Cloud Sky Mountain Bedrock Landscape

Here's what's left of the truck the guy in the video was talking about probably 1000 feet below the trail
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Road surface Asphalt Spoke

#29 ·
Here's a few more pics of the Beartooth area. If you look in the 2nd picture you can see "The Tooth"

Attachments

#30 · (Edited)
Both of the videos are Awesome, Thanks for sharing
Wood Landscape Event Circle Water

#31 ·
Funk that!!!! I'm on something crossing that NOT in something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.