1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a Trail Boss 250.
VIN looks to be 1714963
Near the Vin there is a model number W908527 by the passanger side fender

Wondering what year it is so I can buy a few parts for it and get it running, then rebuild it a little..

Here are some pics..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Pretty much all the 250,300 350,and 400's Metal floor board style body and chassis parts will interchange.
All the motor parts are the same except for some of the 88/89 models I notice the pull assy is larger. All the engines 92 threw 02 I’ve seen have been the same.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
The VIN will have 17 digits
wrong. the older machines did not have 17 digits, that is a valid vin. ran the vin for you on the dealer site and this is what i got.

Your machine is a 1990 Trail Boss, was purchased in 1989 in California. Polaris model number W908527. Engine number 9000538

Production Date 08/16/1989
Purchase Date 10/21/1989
Registration Date 10/27/1989
Warranty Expiration Date 04/21/1990

2nd Year Engine Warranty End Date No 2nd Year Engine Warranty
Polaristar Protection Plus Start Date No Extended Service Contract on file with Polaris
Polaristar Protection Plus End Date No Extended Service Contract on file with Polaris
Extended Service Contract Vendor

Product Type ATV
Model Year 1990
Misc Info This unit is out of the warranty period.

there are no safety bulletins listed that need to be done.

im late but hope that helps to get the right info. gotta love having acces to the dealer site

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up blueline15.Does anyone else have anything for blueline15 to check on the dealer site since he has access to it?That is a good thing to have.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
:happy:

anytime. anyone needs any info. parts, part #'s, prices, vin checks feel free to PM me. only thing i cant give is dealer confidental info like dealer cost and such.

but i can give anyone the low down on parts or sales!

and i wasnt trying to be mean about being wrong on the VIN slider....they have been using 17 digit vins for a while, but the the old machines did not, which makes it hard to tell from a engine #, or a model #. its a very common mistake

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yep the two digits after the W indicates the year model

1 - 9 of 9 Posts