Polaris ATV Forum banner

Can I get some feedback?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  polman500 
#1 ·
Can some of you fellas check what kinda voltage readings you get on your display while running?

#7 ·
at idle, fan not running / lights off, both my quads are at 14.5 14.7 max .
i had a regulator act up on my scrambler but it was fine when cold, after 30 40 minutes thats when it started acting up.
might want to bring your volt meter with u on next ride.

#8 ·
Thanks guys. You all appear to have perfectly normal readings. I had a little time to do some testing this evening and everything checks out ok so far other than the erroneous voltage shown on my display. I'd never watched the display set to voltage during start up before. Its showing 14.4 when the key is turned on. Meter reads 12.75 at the battery.
On startup I'm getting "OVR" on the screen briefly and showing 16.5 The meter reads 14.4 at the battery.
I did notice as I let it warm up a few minutes before taking off down the drive that it had drop to around 16. Didn't have time to ride other than down the drive and back so I don't know if it'll settle on down to more normal readings after a few minutes running or not?? I may get to try it tomorrow.
Latebird may be right and I've just got a faulty display but I wouldn't expect mine to be the only one if that were the case? :nixweiss:
I haven't had any other problems or lights or codes at all and If I hadn't of just accidentally had the display set to show voltage when I started it the other day I still wouldn't have known anything appeared out of spec lol.
I'm just curious if something else could be causing an erroneous reading at the display rather than it being a fault in the display itself.
Any input is welcome.
Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.