Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,065 Posts
It's the oil injection port - the line from the oil pump should be connected to it

·
Registered
9,065 Posts
Yes, it's not good - if the oil injection is operational and the line is not connected, the engine will not be lubricated and will be damaged - if the oil injection has been removed and you are running premix, the port needs to be capped or it will be a vacuum leak resulting in hard or no starting without starting fluid - not capped also means it is running lean once starter and can result in engine damage even if running premix fuel/oil - if the oil line is laying somewhere on the engine and the engine is run, the engine will become covered in oil resulting in dripping when parked and smoking when running. The manual I sent you should help you figure this out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got a 2002 scrambler 90 for my kid and noticed an open vacuum port. Can anyone tell me what this port goes to? It's on the front of the carb.
I purchased a 2001 trailblazer. Works great starts up easily, but after about 30 minutes of running will bog down when trying to give full throttle. Cools a little works great. Same thing happens 3 or 4 times when racing around. 2 questions. I think I have a loose vacuum hose between carb and oil injector, could this cause? Should I add an electric fan to keep unit cooler? My friends has same trailblazer but his has an electric fan in front

·
Registered
9,065 Posts
There are no vacuum lines on a 250 Trailblazer - the oil injection line connects to a check valve on the side of the carb.

Check the vent line on the fuel tank and the carb - if they don't vent properly; the fuel tank can get a vacuum on it and stop fuel flow until it sets a bit and the vacuum is relieved or the float bowl may not fill quickly enough and it will run out of fuel until it refills by venting through the overflow or main jet.

A fan was not OEM, but could be added - normal speed is sufficient to cool and even idle a minute or two, but extended low speed operation could overheat it and a fan may be fabbed to the appliocation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you it is defiantly the line you show in the hose between the injector and the carb. On the carb I do not have any clamp and the hose is brittle, so it can wiggle around and is not sealed. Any idea the diameter of that hose? I want to try an buy at an autoparts store before I drive over to where I store the ATV. If not I have to get the hose off, and then try and match it up. I will also check the lines. It did almost feel like vapor lock that I used to get on a dirt bike almost 40 years ago. Where did you find those great diagrams? I downloaded a manual I found on line, but it did not have clear pics like what you provided.

·
Registered
9,065 Posts
Not sure of the exact size - I just order it through Polaris, but it's about the size of weedeater fuel line (appx. 2mm ID)

I get those diagrams from the Polaris parts website

1 - 9 of 9 Posts