Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided that I am going to get a set of Mayhems for my 2011 850XP I just don't know if I want the 28s or 30s, I have read that they run small. I'm no planning on lifting it, although I am going to be getting a set of HL HD Springs and a QSC clutch kit. If anyone has pics of their 850 with these tires without a lift it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read some people say they do but im not sure, also depends if they actually do run small

·
Registered
737 Posts
30s will rub your rear floorboard. You can fit the but will have to do some trimming. Or let the tires wear the plastic away.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
There is a video on YouTube where they did a build-up they put a clutch kit and 30 inch tires and all they did was trim the bottom edge of the floorboard

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I think after reading the above posts, I'd opt for the 28's and give yourself a "little wiggle room" to allow the susension to flex..... without grinding your tires on the plastics!

Just my $0.02!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Personally, I think it depends on what you are planning to do... For me, I stick with stock sizing because my riding is mostly longer distances over trails and back country adventure riding. So, I really don't want to mess the power, handling and more importantly, fuel mileage.
However, if I were into mudding or other such, then I would probably go with a larger tire and more mods.
I say, set it up for what you do 90% of the time... Not for the 10%.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm thinking I'll be going with the 28s

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ridinagain how much of a difference would it make if I got the clutch kit for the 29-30 inch tires instead of the one for 28s

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
That will depend on the tires you get. Light 30s compared to heavy 28s might net you the same setup. Need to make a decision on what you're going to run before you can get the right clutching.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I decided that I'm gonna go with 28 Mega mayhems on STI HD4 wheels

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm thinking I will like them from all the reviews I have read about them..Now my next question is about the clutching, would the clutching from the larger tires be a bad idea?

·
Registered
190 Posts
There good tires a good all around mud tire IMO my buddy had a set of 28s his mesured 26.75 with 5 psi. The 30s will fit u just have to trim the floor boards in the back

·
Registered
190 Posts
Here's a pic of mine with 30 10 14 outlaw radials with no lift and they mesured 30"

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now your making me rethink if I want the 30s

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Clutching for 30" tires when running 28s is going to be almost as bad as leaving it stock with the 28's. Once you get your tires ordered or delivered, let me know and I'll get you set up with a kit that maximizes your needs.

·
Registered
190 Posts
What type of riding do u do? To me a 30" tire is to big unless ur gonna ride in deep mud all the time a friend of mine bought those and put them on mine just for the hell of it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't do mud all the time, I do trails and mud

1 - 20 of 27 Posts