Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, im looking to buy some fender flares for my 2001 sportsman, but i cant seem to find any online, can anyone point me to a set or has anyone ever made there own fender flares, i heard you could make a set with lawn edging, if anyone on here made their own can someone show me a picture.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I have a 02 sportsman...I was looking for flare extensions also...iI seen some made by either Moose or Quad Boss...was old new stock on a site..but they were'nt that good...but there was a guy here who made some out of the vinyl kick boards for the floor wall meet...looked good...trying to find that post again to look at it...loll...I only want 3 inches ...I may look on summit racing or places like that..they sell unerversal flairs you cut an bolt up to fender wells on cars or trucks...comes on a roll....

·
Registered
75 Posts
I made some out of lawn edging on my old Trailboss. They worked great, and if you kinda squint from a really long ways away you can barely tell they are not stock. hehe :joke:

But seriously it can be done. I used some plastic fasteners I picked up at a local auto parts store, and drilled some holes through the fender and edging. I used some tin shears to shape the edging. I guess you could probably use the Polaris plastic push through fasteners too.

If I can find a picture of the wheeler with the extensions on I will post it.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I have a 02 sportsman...I was looking for flare extensions also...iI seen some made by either Moose or Quad Boss...was old new stock on a site..but they were'nt that good...but there was a guy here who made some out of the vinyl kick boards for the floor wall meet...looked good...trying to find that post again to look at it...loll...I only want 3 inches ...I may look on summit racing or places like that..they sell unerversal flairs you cut an bolt up to fender wells on cars or trucks...comes on a roll....
I saw that thread too....now which one was it? Hmmmm.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
your the man Clinebo....I looked for 30 minutes myself...just did not know what the topic was..lol...good man

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
You can send him a PM and see how it's been holding up. I'd think it would be pretty durable.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
the vinyl baseboard stuff is pretty durable...I have done demo work on houses that had it and was very cold out an stuff was still very flexible..there is different grades..get the better of them....its not expensive....I am going to look this week end at some..see if it fits my needs..I want one with a bigger lip so i can use in between my original flares so i dont have to drill holes on my fenders..sandwitch in between flare and fender using exsisting holes...

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I did a little research on the stuff....and seems like they come either rubber (commercial) or vinyl ..and in different thickness.. Armstrong has nice stuff...they have a good selection...i am going to look at some this week end at some flooring companies...Like i said i want some with a 1 inch lip or better..so I dont have to drill holes in fenders but sandwich it between the exsisting flare...using original holes....

·
Registered
56 Posts
I used some conveyor belting, about 1/4 inch thick, and custom fit it myself. After putting in the 1 1/2" lift, and 27 " mudbugs this 2001 would really toss the mud. Tried to find some good pictures, these are the best I could find.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts