Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jacked up the front end of my '02 Sportsman 500 to put new brake pads and the axle slipped out of the wheel, I lowered it but the axle seems too short to even reach the wheel now, how do I get the axle back in now?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I sometimes had the same issue but with the rear end. I just put a block under the lower a-arm and slowly lowered the bike.

Mark

·
Registered
311 Posts
Jacked up the front end of my '02 Sportsman 500 to put new brake pads and the axle slipped out of the wheel, I lowered it but the axle seems too short to even reach the wheel now, how do I get the axle back in now?
you had to remove the axle nut to replace the pads??

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

Good point. I only had the issue when changing bearings or cv boots which required taking the axle nut off. Didn't have to do that when servicing the brakes.

Mark

·
Registered
311 Posts

Good point. I only had the issue when changing bearings or cv boots which required taking the axle nut off. Didn't have to do that when servicing the brakes.

Mark
Not even to do replace the rotors either. The shaft must be slid all the way into the inner CV, do what mvn suggested with the block under the a-arm, get the splines through the hub enough that you can get the axle nut started and manually tighten the nut until snug then torque it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts