Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 sportsman 500 HO, and i am trying to take the carb out and clean it, but i am having a little trouble. I removed all of the hoses that go to the carb. but i can not figure out how to remove the choke and throttle cable. also i am not able to pull the carb off of the clutch intake so i can take it out of the bike. Also is it worth buying a carb rebuild kit? any help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Loosen the clamp holding the carb to the intake boot, twist and pull it will come out. Most carbs are alike when removing them so.........Once out use a wrench to loosen nut and unthread the choke cable. Open the throttle from the carb using your finger and use a pick or small screw driver to get throttle cable out from the assembly. Use wrench loosen throttle cable jam nuts and remove carb. Take it apart and lay the pieces out in the order you took them off on a clean cloth/shop towel. Use cleaner and compressed air to clear passages/jets. Shop manual if you are unfamiliar with them. I am sure there are videos or how to's on you tube or google it. Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is there something wrong with it? I would say no......just clean it. If its a cv carb be careful with rubber diaphram.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts