Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOWDY FELLERS!!! I bought a 94 300 4x4, it's in great condition, but It won't run... Guy I got it from was mixing the oil with the gas, he had unhooked the oil injector...it will run great, then start spitting and sputtering, it will idle, but won't throttle up, then backfire and dies.... let it sit for a bit then it will run good again, then act up again... I've been thru the carb... everything is clean, no visible obstructions...all jets seem to be clean... the vent tubes are not on the carb.. Anyone on here got any suggestions to help me straighten this bike out??? Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Check the crank seals and carb boots by spraying some carb cleaner on them while running when it gets warmed up and starts running bad. If it changes then you've found your issue. If that doesn't get any answers then check for spark when it acts up and also ohm test the stator cold and when acting up.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Check the crank seals and carb boots by spraying some carb cleaner on them while running when it gets warmed up and starts running bad. If it changes then you've found your issue. If that doesn't get any answers then check for spark when it acts up and also ohm test the stator cold and when acting up.
You will have to remove the clutch housing cover, and probably the recoil housing as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts