Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i need some help figuring this out. it has me stumped. i rode it a few days a go and it ran fine. i went 2 days later to crank and move it. it started spitting and sputtering and backfiring.. so i parked it for the night and went out the nest day and changed the plugs in it. i cranked it and it ran fine for 15 mins shut off and wouldnt crank. so i thought it was over heating. (my cluster dont work).. so i took the radiator off cleaned and relocated it.. after that it crunk up ran for 15 mins shut off and the carb was leaking fuel. so i tried to clean the carb and now it wont idle down. i adjust the idle screw but doesnt help. but if i pull the choke on it it will idle down. what now should i do please help need advise i am so lost...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe it is reconnected right..but i will check to see if it is to tight.. and ill check to see if its leaking air.. i was going to pull it off again and clean it one more time.. to make sure i got it good and cleaned.. as i was taking the carb off last night i had trouble getting the throttle cable out the carb that i left it in and cleaned the carb right there inside the four wheeler..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not at home to look at it to make sure i am remembering right but i think the throttle was on the back side of it and the choke cable was on top of the carb..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thought bout it sorry throttle is on top choke is on side and its the choke cable i couldnt get off...

·
11,261 Posts
Did you have the mixture screw out? If so, did you get the tiny spring, o ring and tiny washer installed back in the correct order? If not, that will make them run away and not idle down properly.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Did you screw the throttle cable end in or out of the top of the carb at all? If so you changed the slack in the cable and its probably too tight now and holding the slide up keeping the idle high. You just have to unscrew the cap and leave the cable attached to it and the whole slide will come out when cleaning the carb.

·
11,261 Posts
After rereading your OP, it sounds like it was OK the prior day and you probably just had some water in the carb bowl. It happens a lot these days because the alcohol contaminated fuel sold as gasoline these days attracts moisture from the air. All you have to do is turn the petcock to reserve and open the drain screw on the bowl to let the water drain out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts