Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, 97 Xplorer 500. Rebuilt the top end. Put it all back together and the carb has fuel running like mad. Even when it is not running. I figure it must be the float, or the float needle. Don't get it, I left the carb on the bike and it had no issues. Connect the gas lines and it runs like mad.

Took the carb apart and cleaned it and still runs. Have to figure it is the float still, but not 100%..

Anything else I should look at?????

Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had the same issue recently on my 2004 700 Sportsman and my 95 400 Xplorer. The 400 was old fuel that had algae growing in it because I hadn't run it in awhile. The 700 I didn't really see anything other then a worn float needle and guide (groves worn in the guide from the needle) and some dirt. Check your float and make sure it doesn't have a small hole and that the frame is not bent between the two floats. That will throw it off also. I think your on the right track.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
You have to purchase carb parts seperate. You should only need a new needle seat and "o" ring if anything. Did you remove the pilot jet and main jet? Run a small wire thru the passages in the carb. Use a good carb cleaner such as CRC, Berryman or similiar. It cuts the crud sediments better than cheap carb cleaner. Thanks

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Glad you got it repaired

1 - 7 of 7 Posts