Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i need some help figuring this out. it has me stumped. i rode it a few days a go and it ran fine. i went 2 days later to crank and move it. it started spitting and sputtering and backfiring.. so i parked it for the night and went out the nest day and changed the plugs in it. i cranked it and it ran fine for 15 mins shut off and wouldnt crank. so i thought it was over heating. (my cluster dont work).. so i took the radiator off cleaned and relocated it.. after that it crunk up ran for 15 mins shut off and the carb was leaking fuel. so i tried to clean the carb and now it wont idle down. i adjust the idle screw but doesnt help. but if i pull the choke on it it will idle down. what now should i do please help need advise i am so lost...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum. Next it would help to know year and model of your quad. Just a basic check is to look for a vacuum leak causing too much air. That would be 1 reason for it to run better with the choke on. Some models are prone to cracked or split intake boots.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts