Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's my sons bike and it started leaking fuel from carb really bad. I pulled drain plug from bottom opened throttle several times to try and flush (like I used to do on my dirt bikes) but it continued to leak. I got carb off after much fussing and cussing...and I have cleaned it. I just was thinking that a $20 kit wouldn't be much to spend while I already had carb off. But, if there is not a kit for the 06 carb then I will just put it back together.

·
13,764 Posts
"All 500 HOs had the same carb. BST 40mm" So does that mean that the 05 kit will work for the 06?
Yep, but the jets may be different. Sounds like all you really need is a float needle and seat or it may just be the little o ring on the base of the needle seat. # 10 in the diagram. Alcohol in the stuff they call gas these days will eat them over time and make it leak.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
You can probably just get the oring for about 69 cents and save all the trouble. Also, pumping the throttle does nothing on one of these carbs. The slides are vacuum operated so all you are doing is turning the butterfly in the carb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts