Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, 2000 sportsman 500. just wondering if there should be a spacer between back of carb and the bracket bar? When I push carb all the way on the front intake and go to fasten the two screws in back, there is about 1/2” space. Maybe carb shouldn’t be pushed so far onto rubber intake?
Thanks for you help

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
My 2001 Magnums have a rubber isolator between the bar and the mount on the frame. It looks like a motor mount but smaller. Threaded studs on both ends of a round flexible tube. One end threaded into the frame and the other went into the bar on the carb. #11 in the diagram

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
The carb has to be pushed all the way into the holder.

I have purchased longer vibration cushion mounts from an industrial supply and installed them when no other solution was apparent. With the mount attached to the carb, what length cushion mount do you need? With a little searching, you can find them on Ebay of perhaps a well stocked hardware store like Lowes? If you can't find them anywhere all I need is the length and stud size and I can probably order what you need from McMaster Carr Industrial Supply out of Chicago.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 2001 Magnums have a rubber isolator between the bar and the mount on the frame. It looks like a motor mount but smaller. Threaded studs on both ends of a round flexible tube. One end threaded into the frame and the other went into the bar on the carb. #11 in the diagram View attachment 136339
Thanks, the diagram is correct like I have, but still have space. I may put spacer between the bar(#15) and the carb to fill space.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts