Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i bought a atv the was in a building that caught fire atv was not damaged much but some melted plastics but the owner took carb off before fire happened and the boot for the carb to match with the block i guess shrunk and is hard now from the heat is there any way i can make it work again like boil it in some water all i need is for it to go back over the carb

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Heat the rubber to soften it - I use a hot air gun - you could boil it, but by the time you get it reinstalled, it will have cooled down and shrunk and be hard as a rock - you want to install the carb while the rubber is still hot and pliable

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
You could try to boil it.... like said, it will be pliable until it cools down. Otherwise try a hair dryer to warm it up. Or is all else fails, just buy a new boot. You also may want to apply a drop or two of lube (WD40) to the mating surfaces to help them slide on better. Good luck....

·
Premium Member
3,846 Posts
Just replace it! If it got hot or is dry then it will probably crack and leak if it doesn't already have a crack. Either get a new boot from Polaris or an aftermarket company. I think QuadBoss has a selection of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts