Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help/insight needed.
I have a 1999 250 trailboss 2stoke removed cleaned carb added a new needle n seat reinstalled will crank on 1st -2nd pull of rope start idle ok have adjusted idle screw air screw is closed it appears that it loading up when give it fuel from throttle about mid range just bogs out has no power at all. are floats bad or is it the float arm. at a lost here all help and in-put is thanked

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Did you set the float level properly with the new needle and seat? Many times they are different length than the last one. Mixture screw should be around 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 turns out from lightly seated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I think i did but,,1st time dealing with this style of arm n float/s most I've delt with are attached with needle. to make sure going to go through carb again tomorrow.thanks on spec for mixture screw. I saw in manual that idle screw was 1/2- 3/4 from seat

just want the bottom of the float arm to be parallel w/bowl gasket as bowl is turn upsidedown. correct.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Float should lay level with the bottom of the carb body when upside down. If it's to high when upside down it will be low in the bowl and starve for fuel, other way around and it will overflow fuel out the vent or into the engine and flood it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I'm at a lost have bent tab down to keep inner plunger of the seat closed ,,as all this is done while carb is upside down.still boggs out at 1/4- 1/2throttle no full throttle at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts