Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started running rough on bottom end. I run 93 octane non-ethanol fuel. Pulled carb and completely disassembled it. No signs of build up. Changed both plugs and they where both black. With new plugs and cleaned carb it runs starts and run ok then it starts loading up and rough. Seams to be to rich. Road this weekend and riders behind me said it was about to choke them out. As long as you keep it mid throttle or more it seams ok. Any advice would be helpful. Thank in advance.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
The carb adapter might be bad. The rubber between the carb and the engine. It will get a split in the bottom of it and allow to much air in. You probably will have to remove it to see the crack. You could try using a small mirror to check for a crack or possibly spraying som carb cleaner on it while its running to see if engine speeds up. Be carefull not to spray on anything hot like exhaust or it could result in a fire.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Happened to mine too. Wouldn't idle and misfired when accelerating. Glad I looked at it before I tore down the carb. The boot was split on one side. I sealed it up with black RTV 'til I can get a new one. Runs great now. However it sounds like yours is loading up with fuel. How did the float and the valve look?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will take back a part and check the boot. Thanks for the tip.

Everything was clean. I have only used non-ethanol gas since i bought it and never had any issues.

Could the diaphragm have anything to do with it? i have never seen a carb like this so i don't really understand how it works

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I kept looking for some type of mixing screw but never found one. I may over looked it, but like I said this is the first time I've seen a carb with both a butterfly and a slide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts