Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please advise me on how to remove the Carburetor from my 2005 Scrambler 500? It is leaking gas out of the tube out the bottom and wont stop. I am assuming either a stuck float or needle. I have never cleaned a Carb before and not even really sure how to get to it to remove it. I looked all over online and couldn't find a step by step guide or anything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
First turn off fuel and run it to remove any fuel left in the lines and remove both fuel lines from fuel pump,Make sure to mark the lines so u know where they go when putting it all back together. I also take pictures, when I'm doing something the first time. Remove throttle cable from etc,hood and front cab( plastics), air filter and air box,fuel tank and finally remove carb. Sounds like a lot of work,but should only take 20 minutes. Make sure you get Oem parts, trust me I've learned the hard way. Stay away from the eBay rebuild kits. This would also be a good time to get the hpd carb mod,it's only $30 and change the fuel filter. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
HPD Carb mod?

What is the HPD Carb mod? Where do I get it and what is it going to do for my Sportsman? I've got an '04 Sportsman 500 HO. Can I use it on that? I need to rebuild my carb also (leaking gas like crazy). I am not even sure where to start with removing the carb assembly. I took off the airbox lid and that's about as far as i've gotten. I'm not mechanical, but would like to be...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts