Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a lock and ride rear cargo box and It keeps coming loose during rides, I'm not jumping or rallying my atv either. Has anyone had this problem? Its quite annoying to look back and see your box laying on the trail, I wish they had put more anchor points on it, I may have got a lemon.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Hi I have a lock and ride rear cargo box and It keeps coming loose during rides, I'm not jumping or rallying my atv either. Has anyone had this problem? Its quite annoying to look back and see your box laying on the trail, I wish they had put more anchor points on it, I may have got a lemon.
Had that happen to me too. Had it loaded and then used a ratchet strap to lock it down good. Didn't want that to happen again.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Mine does the same thing, has come loose 3 or 4 times and fell off the machine. I agree, the attachment is not strong enough, or designed well. There is a section of trail we ride several times a year that is an old railroad bed and it is has miles of undulating moguls that will test any kind of tiedown/holddown system you can come up with. :)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Had the same problem until I adjusted them. Tightened the nut on the bottom
of the rubber stopper & know it stays on the wheeler.

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
865 Posts
Had the same problem until I adjusted them. Tightened the nut on the bottom
of the rubber stopper & know it stays on the wheeler.
Yup! Tighten the nut a few turns makes the rubber expand more and have a tighter fit I've never had an issue with mine coming loose

·
Registered
107 Posts
:dito:

If you adjust the lock downs properly, it should not come loose. I haven't lost mine in two years.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I didn't believe in the L&R to hold something that heavy or with a passenger on from the word go.... so I installed/fastened mine on with "J" Bolts, Fender Washers and Nylock nuts!! Just drop the 'J' bolt down through the L&R holes, hook it underneath and tighten the nut on the bolt until "snug"..... no more as you don't want to stress or crack the rack. Mine have been on the machine flawlessly this way sine the winter of 2012-13.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I had that happen all the time, actually ended up breaking the plastics on it where the lock n ride fastens to the box and one of the plastic pieces in the back that hold it in place, so I tightened the lock n ride rubber sleeves down and then screwed in a U bolt straight into the middle of the back, and then strap that to the wheeler. The thing never moves now.. However my son goes with me a lot so I keep the seat on there and that is J bolted in as Mustbenice notes above...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts