Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a hard sided cargo box/rear seat that will work on an '07 sportsman 500 with the rear rack extender and the polaris lock and ride gun mount? I'm looking for one for some light trail riding with the wife and kids from time to time. Also would like to be able to use it when I take my daughter out hunting, hence the gun mount.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response. I checked out the site, it looks great and I like the seats you have to offer. Will any of them will fit with the rear rack extender in place? More importantly, with the lock and ride gun boot in place?

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Our Kit A works with some extenders on the 05-10 full size Sportsman but not all. Depends on height. As for a gun boot I do not know since we do not offer that. Our box mounts to the 2 rear & 2 middle holes. Not the fronts.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I'd be willing to guess "NO" on all accounts.... both rack extender & gun boot installed. You may have a chance with the gun boot, if it can be adjusted outward. But would bet it would hit an arm rest / passanger handle. I'd bank on having to remove both, if looking at a rear seat/box combo unit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I was afraid of. I'm not worried about taking the rack extender off if I have to, but want to be able to use my gun boot when out hunting with my daughter. They are the pure polaris gun boot and rack extender. I'll have to take another hard look at my gun boot but I don't think there's much if any adjustment to it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
That's what I was afraid of. I'm not worried about taking the rack extender off if I have to, but want to be able to use my gun boot when out hunting with my daughter. They are the pure polaris gun boot and rack extender. I'll have to take another hard look at my gun boot but I don't think there's much if any adjustment to it.
Just pick up a set of koplin kxp gun mounts for the front rack.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The '07 doesn't have the lock and ride holes on the front rack to use with the KXP mounts. I'M not all that fond of drilling holes in the rack to do a permanent mount on there either. I have the front rack extender on there so I'm thinking I may be able to use the ratcheting rhino grips and mount them on the rack extender. Then clamp the hard side gun scabbard into them so my rifle doesn't get smacked around by tree branches and stuff.

·
Registered
505 Posts
That's a good idea.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
That would be your next best bet..... unless you could alter (extend to the side or raise mounting angle) the Polaris gun boot mount.

Or do you have a rear bumper? Could install the Rhino clamps to that.... then it wouldn't be up front taking the brunt of any branches ect. :dunno:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts