Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently not even t e Clymer manual has a wiring diagram for the 2007 500 Sportsman HO Carb. You can look at it online and it shows up to 2006 and then again from 2008-2013. Unreal.
I'm done asking for wiring diagrams. Nobody seems to have one. When I get mine running I'll hopefully make my own and post it for others.

youll see in the videk my CDI lead is broken out of my harness. Its the top center (of 6) lead and the wire coming out was only half an inch maybe. Ive scoured the entire bike and cant find a RED wire that the 12v constant power in that harness connects to. There are a few mystery or ghost whires that being one of them. Who ever cut it or ripped it out certainly sabatoged it well.

Rather than asking for a wiring diagram, which I doubt exists anyways, and ive only been able to find in the EFI model and the 2000-2000 range - which is different - I'm going to ask WHERE CAN I WIRE THIS 12V RED CDI POWER WIRE TO?
Can it be directly wired to the starter solenoid on the positive lead near the battery? Straight to the battery with a kill switch? To the key start 'ON' position somehow??? I'm at a loss. The closest wiring diagram (2005) says the red 12v wire goes down into the stator underneath the pull start cover. It does not on this model.
Also the black CDI wire is ripped out to with no seeming connection. Im ASSUMING it goes to the kill switch on the left handlebar but im not sure. I havemt started tearing into the harness itself to see if theres any long sections of wires missing.

heres the video link:

it was done huriedly so please excuse my poor quality. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
untitled - Imgur

This is a clue im sure POWER, GROUND, STOP connector. Now Im sure that I have a pigtail connector that got ripped off. Anybody know what they connect into and I can use sort of butt connectors and hard wire them I suppose?

·
Registered
158 Posts
going through my 2011 electrical schematic. In the troubleshooting diagram, it sounds like it goes to the ignition swich. I am showing the same schematic as your pic, but i can't get it to upload or copy on here

·
Registered
158 Posts
PM me if you would like 2011 wiring diagram with your email so i can send you it. I can't figure out any other way

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have to host images as the site doesn't do it for you. I use imgur.com and then copy the link and paste it in the comment. There's shuttershack and wirefly I believe and photobucket etc etc.

Anyhow it says I can't message you because you don't have pm enabled. Hahaha

I'd greatly appreciate a screen cap of your diagram though. Just email it to bamajips @ gmail . Com

Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well i sent it good luck. Tell me if it works

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thabks for the replies so far. Im going to try to get it sorted and will keep yall updated and hopefully I will be able to help someone in the future as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just wanted to thank yall for the assistance. My girl is running great.

Shes a beast I tell ya!! Love that suspension and how the nose comes up when you hit the throttle.

I bought it bit running so I always get a little nervous and what if... this one has a happy ending.

Much appreciated

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Initially looking at the wiring diagrams it looked like a plug was missing- but it wasnt. Its almost burned into my memory now what goes where. They all pretty much splice back into the main wiring harness.
it was hard to tell because the color was a little faded on the main harness, so the black wire (kill) looked like a hazy purple gray...

and for some silly reason the Red (12v supply) somewhere along thw way splices back into the main harness but at some juncture it becomes Red/white (which just made me realize there had to have been a plug).
The brown goes to Ground w a splice into the main harness and ome over to the coil.

actually, even though it took me 3 days to get it figured out it was an invaluable lesson and I now have a clue how cdi's work and the basic wiring architecture to use in future builds. (I buy and sell a LOT of vehicles and ha e started going for 4 wheelers due to thwir relatively quick turnaraound time)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts