Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Polaris Outlaw 500
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CFM Performance ATV Airbox on 06 Outlaw 500. Another CFM airbox that don't fit properly. Have had 4 different airboxes from them in the past and every one apart from 1 has had to be modified or new mounts made for it. And I am not the only person with this problem. with the Yamaha Blaster build I did couple years ago I had mounting problems and had to make new mounts and holes not in right locations. Yamaha Warrior also needed adjusting. Looks like I am going to have to remake the mounts on this one also as there is not much material on the mounts to slot the holes to the amount needed and the 2 mounting bolts on the bracket are so close together, Top bolt could have been spaced about another 10mm higher to give a little more adjustment. Will be contacting CFM because I'm sick of there half ass products. Anyone buying one for there bike I would say DONT unless you want to make you own mounts and have to piss around fixing it.

·
Registered
Polaris Outlaw 500
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I moved the brackets up. bottom bolt hole into the top bolt hole. That's a 20mm drop for the airbox. as you can see it sits a lot lower and is sitting on the frame under the left mount.

Front is to low now and the rubber boot pops out of the loose oversized hole in the airbox..

Added 2 washers under the front mounts and that leveled the airbox out a bit and sorted the rubber boot.

Had to but 1 washer under the rear mounts to get the airbox off the frame so it wasnt rubbing and rattling.

This is how I have it at moment.

·
Registered
Polaris Outlaw 500
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will Have to slot the holes I have the brackets in at moment so I dont have to use the washer under brackets then I will drill a new top hole when its in the right potion. Also plan on fixing the hole around the rubber boot area with another disc of aluminium.

With the airbox at this height the seat goes on perfect and not under any tension. The airbox still touch's the under side of the seat but thats not going to change as I cannot go any lower with the airbox and the airbox design is crap. Airbox needed angled sides like the bottom of it has.

·
Registered
Polaris Outlaw 500
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Different in hole size and alloy is 1/2 the thickness of stock plastic.

·
Registered
Polaris Outlaw 500
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New rubber boot plate cnc cut today.

Will be getting the nuts and bolts tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts