Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what you think of Chadwick in MO. How does it compare to Wolfpen gap in Mena Ar. I have been to Mena and we like it. I ride with the family a lot so we do not do any trails that are to difficult but I do occasionally break away and go off with one of the guys and so more difficult trails. We are planning to go somewhere last week in Sep. and just looking for opinions of Chadwick. We will be taking camper and staying for one week.

·
Registered
765 Posts
yep, chadwick doesn't allow side by sides. they have a great camp ground you can ride in and out of. it has a lot of tough terrain, i wouldn't recommend most of it for novice riders. it originally started out motorcycle trails, so some of the trails can be narrow for my touring.

·
Registered
367 Posts
My wife and I will be at WPG in September, but we'll probably be there the second to last week for our aniverssary. This will be our first trip down there so we're pretty excited. We're hoping to meet up with some other members from another forum! Any tips you can give us about that area for first time goers?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
most of the trails are easy at wpg. you should have a great time. we stayed last time at wpg campground. this year we are at coyote campground. we have to ride on the main road to get to the trails and they can be extremely dusty. Take scarf/goggles, whatever to keep dust out of your eyes and mouth. Once we got to the trails there was no more dust. Not sure where you are staying so this may not apply to you.

During the weekdays you may not see anybody else on the trails. make sure you dont run out of gas. could be a long walk to the cabin.

We could not get cell reception. only time was when I got to High Point I think I got one or two bars but it was weak reception.

riders ahead of us did see a black bear. I never did see it though.

where are you staying.

My wife and I will be at WPG in September, but we'll probably be there the second to last week for our aniverssary. This will be our first trip down there so we're pretty excited. We're hoping to meet up with some other members from another forum! Any tips you can give us about that area for first time goers?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Well I think we're staying at Camp Wolfcreek Springs. We plan on staying about 3-4 nights, and from what I found on the trail, they are the cheapest at $96 + tax per night. We don't need anything fancy, so if you know of another location on or near the trails where I don't have to trailer to/from PLEASE let me know! thank you for the feedback on the trails. We're super looking forward to it!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you should not have to trailer. their website says "Our east entrance is only 1/4 mile off the Wolfpen Gap ATV Trail and the Ouachita National Forest providing easy access with no need to trailer from the Cabins to the trail".

you may want to call and verify with them. We will be one street over on Hwy. 61.

Well I think we're staying at Camp Wolfcreek Springs. We plan on staying about 3-4 nights, and from what I found on the trail, they are the cheapest at $96 + tax per night. We don't need anything fancy, so if you know of another location on or near the trails where I don't have to trailer to/from PLEASE let me know! thank you for the feedback on the trails. We're super looking forward to it!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yeah, we already know we can ride from the cabin to the trail, but I didn't know if you knew of other places in the area that may be a bit cheaper per night to stay that we could do the same thing. Thanks for the feedback on everything!

·
Registered
51 Posts
a little further north in Arkansas is Mill Creek ohv and the scenery there was beautiful. I have never been to wolf pen gap. Chadwick does not allow utv and side by sides. It is a nice place to ride fairly rough nice campground and very relaxed. I have only seen a ranger 1 time and that was to tell us we had to many people at the campsite.

·
Registered
765 Posts
were going to chadwick next weekend. i'm taking the wife kids with me, so i don't know how much riding we'll get done, but hopefully it should be nice weather. we rode mill creek a couple of years ago and it was a really nice place, it had rained a bunch the day before we rode and mill creek was hard to cross by the main trail head. it was rough, but fun. the end of this month were heading down to ride fourche mtn, sugar creek and maybe wolf pen gap. i hope the fall color is peak.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well I was planning on being at Chadwick Saturday the 15 I put a post up about it heck I may go out this Sunday too. We destroyed too many parts and people before we got too deep into mill creek ohv we stayed at Mullberry Mountain and I don't think we ever made it much futher than the gas pipe road we had mech. problems the whole trip with one quad or another but I got a much more capable machine now so we will be going back.

·
Registered
765 Posts
we stayed at mulberry mtn too, it was a pretty good place. we have a camper now, so i'd like to camp there. well, if you're at chadwick next weekend we're camping on loop c site 29 and 30. stop by and say hi if you have a chance. i noticed your from republic, i work in springfield and live near stockton lake.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes we loved Mullberry Mountain and I wish they would let you in with a quad during special events, I can not think of anything more cool than riding all day and listening to Jam Bands all night. On the other note I live in Republic, work in Springfield, and believe it or not I am from El Dorado Springs on the other side of Stockton. I am sure I will find you at the campsite if not look for a new green 500 ho with a dg sticker above the headlight.

·
Registered
765 Posts
i went to school at dadeville. we live on a farm near the small spot on the road town called bona. maybe we'll see ya on the trail. i've got a red 850 touring.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts