Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ridden this trail system? I'd like to take a trip up there but everything I read about them classifies most of the trails as difficult. I don't want to put my wife in a dangerous position or a situation where she's uncomfortable. For reference, we've been to S.E. Oklahoma, Mt. Magazine, AR, and Forche, AR just to name a few and haven't encountered anything that she didn't want to go through. Sometimes I think trail system ratings are exagerated a bit.
Chadwick sounds like a nice place to ride.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've never been there, but a friend of mine has went twice. I'll see if I can get any details from him and I'll let you know what he thinks.It might take a day before I hear from him

·
Registered
39 Posts
I spent a few days there last summer. There are quite a few trails that are easy to moderate and some that are pretty extreme. I guess it started out as a dirt bike park and then ATVs were added, some of the trails were still single ruts that were pretty deep and have some pretty crazy ascents/decents. I think your wife would find plenty of trails that would be fine.

I must say the campgrounds were pretty nice and the shower house we used was cleaned every day. The riding is allowed 24/7 so you may hear some riders coming in late.

Link to my short ride report, http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/atv-ride-report/45438-chadwick-st-park-mo.html.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I was there last spring. They are not kidding about difficult ( I wrecked on the last day due to inexperience). That being said we had 2 couples with relatively new riders, and we were able to have a good time with the wives. Keep in mind we are from MN and don't see much in the area of large hill climbs/descents. I think I have some pics on my profile if you want to look. PM if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I go there at least 2 times a month. 45min drive from my house. its a pretty incredible park but i would be easy taking a new rider there. There are several new trails that are wide and easy, but there are some that require 4WD or a very skilled person on a sport quad. Hill 128b takes a good 30 mins to get up because it is so nasty, its known as dairy queen hill. Buy a map of the trail system, most of the hard ones are color coded.
With her driving a 550xp, most of the stuff she should be able to crawl right up easily though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts