Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. New guy here. I'm sure it's been discussed alot, but what's the favorite chain lube that doesn't splatter all over the machine? I saw a thick gray lube that looks good on a new 525 at a dealer. My son just bought an 06 Outlaw and we have an 01 325 Magnum. The Outlaw will need some serious chain lube. Thanks for any replies. Gary

·
Registered
441 Posts
i m using some maxima racing lubricants chain wax [ chain and cable lube ]

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome. These forums are a wealth of information. So an ATV chain would be non-o-ring, right? I'll try some of this stuff. Thank you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We ended up using some PJ1 Blue Label, a highly-touted lube. Not wax, but seems to do a good job. We apply it every 2 weeks or so. This machine isn't babied a bit, so cleanliness isn't a big deal.
Waiting on a CV boot right now.....can't take the price of the local dealer, so ordered it internet...

·
Registered
38 Posts
which boot are you looking for? I just found a inner boot for my outlaw 500 on ebay, for 24.99, after i ordered one for 63 +6.95 shipping,:censored: so keep a close eye on ebay
cheers!
Rick, Ore

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Inner boot, for an Outlaw. We bought the $63 one, of course. Dealer would have been $120. Never thought about eBay at the time, but have found some deals there.
Thanks. Gary

1 - 11 of 11 Posts