Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick question, i have a 2003 predator, my chain doesnt seem to tighten up enough i was wondering if the chain needs to be replaced or what cold be the issue, also there looks like an idle or pulley in between the crank sprocket and rear sprocket and i was wondering if the chain was suppose to go up around that or not?

·
Registered
401 Posts
thats a chain roller to help keep your chain from coming off it doesnt go around it. if the chain wont tighten up you need to replace the chain and both sprockets.

·
Registered
521 Posts
what about for mi i have new front and rear sprocket and new chain is my gearing wrong i went back too what was on it before which is 14/38 and a 520 o-ring chain and i still dont have any tension do i need too drop the rear sprocket too a 37?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I assume you are rotating the esccentric around all the way? If not it might be rotated too far one way so that it is giving you a lot of slack.

·
Registered
401 Posts
my guess is they sent you the wrong chain size. when i replaced everything on my race quad i ordered everything listed as a 03-04 predator 500 setup and i ended up taking out 3 links. im not saying cut out a bunch of links but set your rear carrier housing so the axle is all the way forward and then take your chain and make it so its almost tight and see how many links you can remove without going to far.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I was fortunate enough that the person before mi rotated the beqring carrier all the way close setting so i spun it back a bit an got it nice an snug

1 - 12 of 12 Posts