Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the plugs in my '11 Sportsman 800. I only have 1,000KM's(600Miles) and 100 Hours but I figured after a couple years it was good to do because I had noticed some hesitation, slight missing when cold.

The plugs I purchased from Napa where RC7YC and the Originals where YC3. Anyone know the difference?

BTW I found that one plug had a spark plug gap way out of spec which was probably my problem since I found that plug to have a lot more deposits then the properly gapped plug. Regardless a new set of properly gapped .036 plugs went in.

Just wondering if someone has information. BTW took my buddy like 5 min to change the plugs while I went looking for a spark plug gaper and die-electric grease he already had them out lol.

·
Premium Member
13,355 Posts
checked mine at like just under 1000 miles and just over 100 hours. the were in great shape and so was the ignition system. im also interested to hear what other guys are using as far as spark plugs and the changing of them intervals.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
checked mine at like just under 1000 miles and just over 100 hours. the were in great shape and so was the ignition system. im also interested to hear what other guys are using as far as spark plugs and the changing of them intervals.
You have nearly the same hours and miles as my bike. My plugs were in great shape but one plug was gaped way out of spec. I put in a new set instead of re-gapping and the bike runs like a top! Idles better then ever.

I'm a big fan of using what came factory when using plugs.

Manual says every 1500km's or 1 year. I think that's a bit excessive to change them every year unless you do a lot of riding. I decided to change them every 100 hours when I do the big service(Front Diff, Motor Oil, Transmission)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts