Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a champion winch from gander it's a 2000 lbs and is only 99$ anyone tried one ?any luck with them ?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I think I'd go a little bigger than a 2000#, unless all your going to use it for is lifting a snow plow. I think/guess for the sticky stuck situations you'll find it to be a little on the under-powered side. But if only using it to lift a snow plow.... that would work great and be a good priced option. But for a little more ($50'ish) you could go with the Harbor Freight "Badlands"..... which has great reviews.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I had a champion on my grizzly that I bought from tractor supply. a buddy has one on his foreman as well. we both have had bad luck with them. i would spend a little more and get something better

·
Registered
192 Posts
Buy a harbor freight badlands 2500 with wireless remote with 25% off coupon for $50. Its still cheap but a no questions 2 yr warranty for $18 cant be beat

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I just bought a bad lands 3500# a few weeks ago....was on sale for 99.00 and i had 20% off coupon..great deal....but I also have a 2500 on my Suzuki which is my plow an wood hauling machine...its been on for 5 years now..never a problem with it..I work the piss out of it...my sportsman 500 I just got had a warn A2000 on it..I took it off an put the 3500# bad Lands on it..the warn just had no balls...I just got a 60" plow kit for the sport...the blade weights 90 pounds...lol..the 3500 will come in handy now....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
went and grabbed a badlands 3500 for about 120$ install this weekend thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got time to install it on sat. Got all but the last few wires done and the power went out at home so had to finish up on Sunday have not had time to get out and use it yet but it fit well looks good and worked well in the garage lol took about 2 and half hrs in my cold ass garage. Probably should have only taken about one but had to keep stopping to warm up hands and stiff cables and such but it's in and working

if im on this fourm i must be at work. if not id be having way more fun out doors

·
Registered
514 Posts
The champion 2000lb is a cheapo winch , it doesn't use a solenoid , it has the power wires running to the switch and from the switch to the winch so you have four heavy wires running to the handlebars if you mount the switch there .

·
11,595 Posts
It says right on the box not to get it wet...What good is a winch that you can't get wet?? I guess you could keep a close eye on the Weather Channel or only ride in the desert.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
the bad lands says water proof right on it..the one on my zuki has been in weather 5 years now....best 49.00 ever spent was on that...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got mine from the Polaris dealer same bolt pattern as warn or Polaris winch

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
the winch comes with a plate..but it should fit any winch mount..KFI makes a nice winch mount...my bumper came with a mount..there was a warn on it prior...

·
Registered
128 Posts
i have also heard bad about the champion but heard some bad about the bad lands. i dont have a winch on my 700 yet but am going to try the bad lands due to the fact i have a 12000# one on my truck and it is awesome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts