Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just changed my brakes all around on my 00 Trailblazer 250. It's 5am here in Chicago and Dam cold. So anyways I filled up maser cylinder with DOT3 fluid, pumped brakes for a few min and still nothing happens. Not sure if I have to bleed brakes or pump brakes while atv is on? I need help quick going on a winter run next week. Thanks

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Did you take any of the brake lines off...or was the master cylinder empty....you most like are going to have to bleed the brakes....does the brake lver feel like it has resistance or does it bottom out real easy....meaning feel like no pressure..if so bleed

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I did not take off any brake lines, master cylinder was not empty but was low. Brake lever has no resistance and bottoms out easily with no pressure. So I will bleed brakes then!!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
ok if no resistance then its not building pressure in the system....also did brakes work before changeing pads.....trying to see if its any other problem...if worked just bleed an see what happens....

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
If you only changed the pads I'm not certain why they don't build preasure now. But inspect the system for leaks and bleeding the system would be the next step! Sounds Odd.

Since you topped off the master cylinder with brake fluid, you may want to double check that the gasket/diaphram is installed correctly and the cover is on tightly!!

If that doesn't correct your issue..... bleed the system starting furthest from the master!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Almost sounds like you got air in the system somehow. Remember, air compresses, hydraulic fluid don't. I would definitely bleed the brakes and make sure you keep the master cylinder full while doing it. Might take two people to do it if you don't have a small brake vac ( very handy for 1 person job)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did leave brake piston pushed in for a couple of days while pads came on mail. I think there is air in the lines. I'm going to to try tonight

1 - 8 of 8 Posts