Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I’m not sure if it’s connected, but I changed the oil and filter in my 2020 sportsman 570, and about halfway through my ride today, the check engine light came on. Here is a picture of the code. Do you know what it means and how it can be fixed? It’s only 2 months old, so I’m hoping is covered by warranty? That’s a “2” above the 520194.

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you stick a small screw driver in the hole on bottom of throttle housing, it will release the wiring connector. Make sure its clean . Add some dielectric grease. Sometimes water and mud getscin there.

·
Registered
8,034 Posts
Try what B18cintegra suggests and if that's not the problem, then take the fly by wire POS to a dealer - here's the published codes - I think the electrical troubleshooting manual has more less comm on codes listed - 520194 is apparently not very common

·
Registered
24 Posts
No prob. It happened to me not long after i got my 19' 570. It happens every now and then . I usually just make sure it's pushed in good, and restarts clear Cel. Make sure you hit all electrical connections with some dielectric grease

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How often does it happen to yours? Mine Just came on again; just repeat the same steps, or take it to the dealer? It’s still under warranty, and it’s getting annoying.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not alot but it happens
. Did you clean it off good. And put a good layer of dielectric grease on it?
I did not put the grease on it. I think I'm going to bring it to the dealer to see if they can replace the part(s) since it’s still under warranty. I don’t want to be dealing with this issue every time I ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts