Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
changed my oil on the 2002 700 seen some coolant in the oil hoping its just the seals that everyone talks about on here. Ive owned the 700 for a few short months and couple weeks ago i noticed that coolant reservoir was really low so i added some coolant not knowing it was leaking. Can someone please tell me the exact parts i need and part numbers. Thanks alot

·
Registered
326 Posts
Could be the water pump seal. Go to cycle parts warehouse.com. it shows you part #

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah but im also looking for the oil seal that ive heard about people changing at the same time.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Do you have the service manual?
That would show you the exploded view AND you'll need it to perform the work anyway.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just bought a online copy from a member here havent downloaded it yet.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Go on cycle parts warehouse, can look up both seals, oil seal is right behind water pump seal, if you do a search on the forum there are good explanations and pictures of the job.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cycle parts warehouse doesnt say anything about a oil seal. It says #10 SEAL-O-RING, #11 SEAL-WATERPUMP. Is #10 the oil seal?

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
look in crankcase section, its # 9 part # 5412455 $18.90 Does your machine still have plastic cover over water pump? if so replace it, the new ones are metal, get # 10 and #11 along with new cover and the seal I gave you # for , youll be set

1 - 10 of 10 Posts