Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't want this to turn into another what type is best. The more I look the more I get confused. Obviously when I am looking the information may be different depending on year and particular ATV. I am going to try to keep this simple. I would like to buy my fluids if I can from a local auto parts/Walmart here in Ontario as opposed to the dealer if there is a tried and proven option.

For my 2011 sportsman 400HO:

Front Diff Polaris brand Demand Plus approximately 8/9 oz (will look at my manual for capacity), Have some already at home.

Engine oil, Mobile 1 0-40 is synthetic a must? approximately 2 L?

Rear Transmission, Polaris AGL ? Any other proven options for my specific ride? approximately 1 L?

I understand my options for filters and the possibility one that may be a little longer.

Thanks and Cheers

·
Registered
2,075 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Engine oil Mobile 1 0W40 or Shell Rotella T Synthetic 5W40

Transmission 5W20 motor oil Synthetic or non Synthetic

Front Gearcase Synthetic ATF

Oil Filter Pure 14610 or 14612 One is a liitle longer than the other but both work

The engine oil, tranny oil and oil filter can be found at Wal Mart. I have not seen synthetic ATF at the Wal Mart I shop at.
I have ran synthetic ATF in my front diff from the word go without one problem and people on this forum are running it also. Alot of RZR guys are running it as well.

Wal Mart also carries Castrol 0W40 now.

Ronnie

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks all, ended up getting the mobile 1 0-40 for 9 bucks a L. Last time I did a change I had a Fram PH6017a filter, didn't seem to have any issues. Front diff still have a bottle from Polaris will use that up first only needs 9 oz. Bought the AGL from Polaris for the rear wasn't to bad 16 bucks. Maybe next time I will venture and try something different.

For fun while getting the rear oil I asked what the kit went for which I think is "2 liters of polaris oil and a filter" $71.00??? my hearing is not that good but I am pretty sure that what he said.

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts