Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I'm not using a winch to change my fluid, but I do have a winch on my 2013 400HO and need to know if I have to remove it to get at the fill plug when changing the fluid in the front gearbox. Manual says there's only 9 ounces of fluid in there and the selling dealer told me they recommend changing the fluid in it when I do my first oil change. I've read about other members having difficulty finding the top fill plug so it sounds like the winch may have to come off. What size Allen wrench gets the drain and fill plugs out?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've got a 2012 400HO and I do have to unbolt the winch to get to the fill plug. You can't even see the plug with the winch mounted.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have filled mine through the vent hose before by measuring it but now since I ride in the mud a lot I use the opportunity of removing the winch and front end to clean everything and put dielectric grease on all the connections while changing the fluids.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Pull the winch out. Dealer told me to fill through the vent. When I looked at the vent there was mud and crap in it... no way I'm doing that. Glad to know they don't care about putting dirt or grit in your front diff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts