Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,, as some of you may know I have been searching high and low for a speedo for my newly acquired machine. It is a 2002 700 sportsman. I FINALLY found one from a very gracious dealer in Wyoming and I had it shipped here this last week.

My question is, I store my atv outside (no other choice :disappointed:) but I do keep it covered with tarps, and the last thing I want is moisture getting inside this nice expensive tach I just got. We get a fair amount of rain and a even more than fair amount of snow here. Is there anything I can do to help keep this thing moisture free while storing it outside?

Also, I wouldn't think its very difficult to install, but just to make sure, does anyone have any pointers or advice before I jump in on it? Thanks guys!

The Gee

·
Registered
505 Posts
Is it an aftermarket like one you would use in a car, or is it a oem replacement?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
its a simple install....make sure you use di-electric grease on connectors...As far as keeping the speedo dry inside...there was a post here where someone drill a small drain hole ...but the speedo is suppose to have one some where on it...I guess its going to condensate in there no matter what...every one says there does....on the older ones any ways...I wonder if that stuff on TV seal it..would work..it comes in clear also...spray every thing but the lense..but you may trap water in also...mine gets foggy alot....till sun hits it....

·
Registered
505 Posts
its a simple install....make sure you use di-electric grease on connectors...As far as keeping the speedo dry inside...there was a post here where someone drill a small drain hole ...but the speedo is suppose to have one some where on it...I guess its going to condensate in there no matter what...every one says there does....on the older ones any ways...I wonder if that stuff on TV seal it..would work..it comes in clear also...spray every thing but the lense..but you may trap water in also...mine gets foggy alot....till sun hits it....
^^^Ditto.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
excellent info! Thank you very much for the help. it is greatly appreciated. :)

eta- its a OEM replacement cluster. I couldn't find a aftermarket replacement. and the oem one wasn't cheap!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts