Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a mechanic, so work with me here......I have decided to install Ice Screws in my stock bias Carlisle Tires, in the Spring I want to change out the wheels for some radials, probably mounted on stock Polaris rims. Is changing out one set of wheels (Tires & Rims) for another set just that easy, or is there other work involved that I am not considering, for example balancing like you would after changing car tires? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Not saying that balancing wouldnt help, but I have never had an ATV tire balanced. Last time I bought just tires online, and had them installed (two tires), it only cost me $10 for the install.

Sean

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
It is just that easy. Order yourself a new set of tires and wheels, and swap them out. I have never seen a need to balance atv tires.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
You do need to make sure the new set will fit though. For example a 27x9x12 tire on a stock Polaris rim will not fit the front of your machine without rubbing the tire rod end. You may want to check back for fitment questions in the spring when you decide which combo you're going to get.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts