Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my experience started out good, but soon went south after purchase. Upon getting my new atv home I discovered the tires were low, battery was dead, no gas, extra bolts laying in the frame, and here is where it gets good the rear brake master cylinder was not hooked up and the brake pedal itself was not attached to the machine! All of this after they told me how great their techincians are. I called and they didn't seem all that worried about it , but did order the parts. I was told the parts would be in in 3 days. When I called to check on my parts after 1 week I was informed that they had not been ordered yet because they did not have enough items for an order , when I asked the service guy about the 3 days he got mad and hung up on me. I called back and talked to the owner and his repsonse was "well you must have sworn at him." not a chance I have done automotive service for 20 years I know that doesn't get you anywhere. I then received my parts which I will install myself since I witnessed the kind of service work they do first hand. I called and asked salesman to check with the owner and see if he would ok heavy duty front springs for my inconvienence. Salesman never called back so I called and he stated the owner would sell them to me for cost. $56.00 each ??? retail is $74.95 a pair. Bottom line is these people do not care about customer service ,are not knowledgable about the products they are selling, they lie, they don't return phone calls etc. buyer beware!!!!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Sorry to hear you had a bad experiance..... good info to share.

Unhappy customers give all kinds of "free advertisement"...... to bad it's usually not the kind the deal is looking for!! :D

·
Registered
615 Posts
That's crazy that happened. I was in Ray C's last week to see if they had anything and the sales guy told me to go up there and check them out. Glad I didn't make the drive!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is unfortunate the way it went down. I gave them several chances to try to make it right and they weren't interested. It seems very difficult to find a atv, motorcycle, boat dealer etc that knows what they are doing and that you trust.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I understand. If you're in the Lapeer County area, there is Greenias in Almont. I know the polaris mechanic there and he's a good guy, but lately I've heard their customer service hasn't been the best. No first hand experience to confirm though.

Luckily the Polaris dealer that's local to me seems great to deal with.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to Chapman's because I haven't been thrilled with the dealer close to me. Seems I cant win. Oh well that's the way it goes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is my next call, but I don't expect it to go anywhere.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I went to Chapman's because I haven't been thrilled with the dealer close to me. Seems I cant win. Oh well that's the way it goes.
People are a-holes now days. If I were him, I would of ordered your parts ASAP and apologized profusely.

My local Polaris dealer is also a tool. I avoid them as much as possible. Not only can one not trust them but they are rude with absolutely no provocation. Other have noticed it, too. So, screw them. I buy my machines elsewhere. Once in a while I'll stop in and buy some chain lube or filter oil. They missed out on three sales and another one coming up all just because they're jerks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Then they all say shop local keep your money in your community. I say screw them! Go to the dealers that give a damn and have pride in there work and service. Look at the one dealer who lost 3 sales ouch that's 15000 to 20000 grand right there. I'm sick of these guys who have the money to open a dealership and are clueless ....:soapbox:

·
Registered
679 Posts
I don't think popo headquarters will really care judging by their history with warranty work.
That may may be true, it most likely will fall onto deaf ears. However, denying warranty claims leaves money in corporate coffers(in the short term). Dealers losing customer base is entirely different. Some folks base buying decisions on local support. If the BRP dealer across the street is handing out hotdogs and beer, hell I might jump ship. That being said, my local dealer is never really helpful either. I buy all my products elsewhere, mostly online, and I do my own wrenching.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That sucks, I live in the area as well. I can tell you don't even think about Vehicle City Motorsports in Flint. They are awful, and I mean awful.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Every "toy" dealer I go to sucks! they are uninformed and I don't trust them! I don't get it. Every shop I go to it feels like they don't need your business. weird.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Chapmans

I just bought a new 550 X2 at Chapmans and had a good buying experience and dealt with a good salesman who beat Flint prices. I was having difficulty manipulating the passenger seat and they sent a technician to my house to correct the problem and make sure i was doing it right. Overall i am very satisfied with this dealer and i would recommend them. No i am not related to the owner./

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really wish I could say the same. Hopefully my experience is not the norm.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I just bought a new 550 X2 at Chapmans and had a good buying experience and dealt with a good salesman who beat Flint prices. I was having difficulty manipulating the passenger seat and they sent a technician to my house to correct the problem and make sure i was doing it right. Overall i am very satisfied with this dealer and i would recommend them. No i am not related to the owner./
First post?! Not only smells funny but actually reads too scripted.

·
Registered
378 Posts
First post?! Not only smells funny but actually reads too scripted.

Interesting.......:hmmm:

Personally, I have had better customer service with the smaller and local dealers. Its not like they go out of their way but they do care and will do their best to make sure you as a customer is satisfied. I purchased my 800 in my little town and sure, it may have cost a couple hundred bucks more but I have made that back from the tips and ideas he (the dealer) has given me during the last 8 years. He doesn't sell Polaris as a dealer any more but he still services them.

Sorry to hear about your dilemma michstorm but I am sure you will have it handled. Good luck.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Go back Under your bridge now...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya something smells

1 - 20 of 34 Posts