Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2020 Polaris Sportsman 850 Premium Trail edition, which means that my lo-beams are LED and my hi-beam bulb is incandescent. As most of you know that means that the lo-beams are bright white and the hi-beam has a yellowish tint. This bothers my OCD tendencies so I set out to find a cheap and easy solution.

Below is the part I ordered from Amazon @ $22.95 for 2 bulbs. They operate at 10W (equivalent to 50W incandescent bulb) and at 6000K which is the same color white as the lo-beams and a great match.

Part used: Antline Extremely Bright 50W High Power 881 889 886 894 896 LED Fog Light Bulbs Xenon White for DRL or Fog Lights

Before upgrade:

Open up the pkg on the new bulbs:

there are four Torx screws on the headlight assembly (2 near the gauge cluster, 2 on the sides)

To remove the old bulb twist the Bulb assembly on the back of the headlight and pull out the back of the housing.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

There are two tabs (release the black ones, not the grey ones) and pull the old bulb and slide in the LED one.

Insert the bulb assembly into the back of the headlight and rotate to lock in place (opposite of removal). And thendo a quick test of high beam to ensure it lights up.

Reinstall housing, here’s the final result showing the match to the LED lo-beams, it looks great and is just a little brighter than stock. I’ll get a test in the dark this weekend when I get home from CES in Las Vegas. Overall it was very cheap, easy, and looks great.

Reactions: 98whitelightnin

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amazing they didn’t do that from factory!! Does the lower headlights have a high beam bulb also?
No, lower is just low beams and the LED halos which are always on, even if lights are off.. the behavior is on start-up the LED halos come on, when switch is set to Lo-beam, lower lights come on, when set to hi-beam, upper light pod comes on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to change topic but I'm looking at either 850 or 1000 trail edition and recently had guys tell me I need to relocate rad or will definitely overheat out on the trails. I think relocates look ugly and wonder if the new sport's have any overheat problems as is. Thoughts or advice?

·
Registered
104 Posts
You may find the replacement led bulb casts a flood like light instead of a spot. You need to cast light in front of you...not around you... i have not yet found a led replacement that will do that when installed in a bucket designed for a halogen bulb.

·
Registered
2020 Sportsman XP 1000 Trail Package
4 Posts
You may find the replacement led bulb casts a flood like light instead of a spot. You need to cast light in front of you...not around you... i have not yet found a led replacement that will do that when installed in a bucket designed for a halogen bulb.
Let me know if you find one or hear of one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts