Polaris ATV Forum banner

Do you prefer a good bone stock atv, or one that you can easily mod?

• Bone Stock

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • MOD IT!

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • good MODDED atv!

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • cheap bone stock atv

Votes: 1 6.7%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, ive got an 05 sportsman 800 and i have recently slapped some 30''X9"X14" silverbacks on her and have had some rubbing issues during bumpy turns, i have lifted the front 1.5" and have shaved off those little ''fins'' on the inside of the fender, but i still get a little rub action in there, and would like some advice on how to solve that without moving the wheels forward, thanks!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Define cheap!?!?! You can get a RDC 2" lift front and rear for about $140.00 I have one installed and run 28"s and have clearance for days. You could always go bigger than 2" but that involves replacing axels and eveything else. GL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
decided to revive this post, i mean cheap as in, as close to free as possible, but i will entertain any good ideas

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, you could use a 2" spring spacer, put a set of ranger springs on it, or as istalvey said put a bigger lift on your bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have already lowered the shock towers one inch and that is as far as i can lift the bike without having to replace the axles. so lifting isnt an option, i really dont want to cut the control arms and move the tires forward, so im looking for ideas that dont involve lifting the bike or cutting the arms

1 - 5 of 5 Posts