Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am brand new to ATV riding and purchased a 2013 Sportsman 850 LE, took it out this weekend for the first time, tipped it and the check engine light came on! These are the codes that it threw out...Idle air control- Driver circuit short to B+ and Idle Speed- Speed too low. On startup i cant just turn the key like before and it fires up flawlessly, Instead i have to give it throttle and once it starts, it runs real rough until it warms up for a little while. Any imput would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Gary:cowboy:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
did you stretch out the throttle cable sounds like you have to much play in the cable easy way to check is
is throttle lever loose as in can you move it back and forth before it feels like it is moving throttle body
there is a adjustment on the cable tighten it a little bit until there is on a little slack in throttle lever

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd guess maybe something shorted out when you tipped it and maybe took out the IAC and it is not reading correctly.
Thanks a lot! Took the right side panel off, found the IAC unplugged it looked at it, nothing was wrong, plugged it back in, BAM, works flawlessly. something must just shorted it.

Appreciate it,

Gary:trink4:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts