Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my '15 570 out last night for a little under an hour when the check engine light came on. It didn't show a code and I didn't know how to get it to display the code at the time so I just drove it home since I was very close by. Now the check engine doesn't come back on when I scroll through using the mode button. I tried scrolling in every gear as well. I took it out for a quick ride to see if it would come back on and it didn't.

Just in case it matters, I was in low gear and was pulling a trailer with 5 kids around the subdivision for Halloween.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Holy crap dude i read this and thought i wrote it. I was pulling a trailer for halloween with my 2016 850 sp and cel came on! I got the code it was 520194. Maybe yours was the same. But dang that is sure funny cause i pulled the trailer in low for about an hour and it came on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
398 Posts
Mine came on once and have not seen it again yet. Same general circumstances - slow travel, had been running for a while. Thought it might have been getting hot because I have not seen it since then (July) and I've put a bunch of miles on it since.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called the dealer but since I didn't have a code they couldn't suggest much. He did however suggest checking the throttle cable and adjusting it if needed. I had a look at it, it seemed fine. I guess I'll just keep riding it and see if the check engine message comes back on or not.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Codes are cleared as soon as you turn the key off (unless the issue is still there when you turn the key back on). Do yourself a favour and learn how to extract codes when they happen while the atv is still running.

Some codes are transient in nature. Don't worry about it and ride!

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts