I have changed the throttle cable
adjusted the throttle cable to 2 mm
replaced the TPS and the wiring harness
adjusted the throttle cable 2.5 mm
plug wires
plugs

and i still get check engine code once and awhile usually bout 4 or 5 times
when out on a 100 km tour.

it will go into limp mode and show the code, if i let the atv roll almost to a stop the code will clear itself and you can just drive away.

if i am travelling at 80 kph i just turn the key off and back on to reset the code.

anywheres else i can throw some money ???

code is always stuck throttle :motz:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Open the throttle lever cover, you will see an electrical contact in there, it the throttle stuck switch, on my scramble 850xp a just put some pieces of ty raps to keep the contact open and now its all good.

BUT! "if" the throttle get stuck for real it will not go into limp mode...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds good to me, i'll try it :veryhappy:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I want to chime in and say good luck. Mine has been doing it since new. All attempts to fix by myself or dealers have failed. It is in the shop right now for a new dealer to take a swing at it. I will post the solution if I ever find one. Good luck

·
Super Moderator
7,074 Posts
Open the throttle lever cover, you will see an electrical contact in there, it the throttle stuck switch, on my scramble 850xp a just put some pieces of ty raps to keep the contact open and now its all good.

BUT! "if" the throttle get stuck for real it will not go into limp mode...
This is also how you disable the ADC if you are cursed with it on your ATV.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what about just cutting one of the gray wires inside the throttle control ?

a fellow could always re-connect it if the atv got sold.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I had the same problem for 6 months in and out of the shop, and dealing with Polaris. They tried everything, but a TPS sensor from a 2012 fixed the problem so far. 600+ km and no stuck throttle code.

As for cutting the wire it's your call. If it was me I would just put a piece of card board or paper inbetween the to metal contacts. That will prevent them from touching, but like it was said earlier if it sticks for real well...

Good luck!

·
Registered
90 Posts
The new TPS sensor did indeed fix mine for 1K miles. It is now back to its old tricks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you checked that there are no zip ties on the cable? Had the same problem before. Check that the cable can move freely from handlebar to the carburetor.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I have checked and replaced all of the above, there is a cable tie in through where the switch contacts are located now :)

i don't know what else that switch does in there besides

stuck cable
ADC

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
My adc said it had a short. Not sure if it did but I pulled the two outside pins on the front diff connector and have not had any issues.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just took mine to shop for the same thing, will see if the extended warranty is worth the money?

·
Registered
90 Posts
not to be negative but they won't be able to fix it. I had three dealers try, all of them could replicate it.....with Polaris HQ logged into my machine, and it still did it. They knocked it down for a thousand miles but the only real way to eliminate it was to ensure the atc switch in the handlebars never touch. I posted a video of the same thing on here. The computer is going into limp mode thinking the throttle is stuck. My advice it's save your fuel and time from towing to dealers and just ride. Once you fix the switch it will never do it again.

Good luck

·
Registered
123 Posts
If thats the case...will have a regional Polaris rep involved as wont pay 10 grand for such non sense. Not me

·
Registered
399 Posts
I was out last weekend and mine came back on. I just bypassed it, I lost a lot of seat time trying to figure it out the first time.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I drove to the Polaris hq, it's 40 minutes from my house. They told me to work with the dealer. I did everything short of lawyering up. I have over $1500 in fuel costs towing this machine to different dealers....I finally just bypassed it and am enjoying life. Hell, I personally took the machine apart, tested every component according to the service manual....that includes removing the entire wire harness. My advice comes from experience.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I will know more when get it back, but currently wont even warm up and constantly acts up. Originally the same symptoms only occurred once in awhile...at this point its unusable to me. Do appreciate your comments and will not be surprised at all if they dont fix it or know how to fix it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Contacts are not touching

*also preventing the contacts from touching causes the ADC control not to function?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Polaris dealer called earlier today...said fixed some adjustment screw on throttle body. Then went on to say...warranty didnt pay because it was a mere adjustment, but took 3 hours to diagnose...around $250

10mins later calls back...says nope not fixed needs further diagnostics! Let the jokes begin...going to be just as someone mentioned already they cant fix it!

1 - 20 of 217 Posts