Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well like the title says i am having issues with a Chinese quad that i got for free :veryhappy:.I no this is a polairs forum but i thought u guys could help me out if not that's fine to so the engine on this quad is dead like junk i was told it was being towed with rope because it died and they were going like 40 and put it in reverse and it broke the insides of the engine and all the teeth on the sprocket. Its all so a red cat 110cc so i was thinking about taking the engine off and buying one of the harbor freight engines in replace that are 6.5 hp 212cc its like 100 bucks. Would that work i mean i don't see why not i just want a toy that i can beat on and not my 500 sportsman lol but if not i can go scrap it i don't mind cutting it and welding to thx guys. link
6.5 HP (212cc) OHV Horizontal Shaft Gas Engine

·
Registered
455 Posts
It'll work , go for it. Your only in it for $100.00, and you'll probably gain some knowledge by doing it

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I don't think they have anything at HF that will just bolt in. I've worked on a bunch of the Chinese atvs, and they are almost not worth the effort to get them running again. Chances are if you look around you can find another one for less than $100 that has bad electronics in it and swap the motor into it and have a whole bunch of extra parts in the process. If you're going to try to ride it as an adult, things are going to break very quickly on it. They have a weight limit of something like 60-80lbs on them.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Craigslist a dirt bike motor and ignition, even a 80 would have any more power. Look for a 250 if your looking to fly lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They want 300 bucks for a engine on ebay its not even worth that much and i really hate these quads working on them my buddy got one for free like this but it did not run we got it running and drove it about hour no joke it died. So we fixed it and just said put it on craigslist it would not stop dieing lol but.When growing up i had a 50cc one and i could not kill it i still have it and it still runs beat to all hell no plastic on it and i just push start it and it fires up haha and its older.But about the harbor freight engine its like a go kart engine and i wanted to try to make it fit any ideas on this dont want to dump a bunch of money in it because i will never get it back lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts