Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their "pull" type choke cable with a "toggle" type before. The original pull style in my 05, is just a pain when warming up the machine, and I would like to change for one like my 99's which is the 3 position toggle type. Are they interchangeable?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Why is it a pain?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't like to stay in a position , I find myself using a clothespin to hold it open when warming up, unlike my 99 when I just flip it full or half and let it do it's job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Tighten the ring around the shaft a little. That adjusts the tension on the rod to hold it out. Not the ring that holds it in the machine. But to answer your question, yes they can be swapped out for the other style.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Like Ridinagain said.....just turn the lock ring a bit more and it will hold it in place. I like this style better than the toggle myself.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Tighten the ring around the shaft a little. That adjusts the tension on the rod to hold it out. Not the ring that holds it in the machine. But to answer your question, yes they can be swapped out for the other style.
That was the first thing that came to my mind too, when I read the original post...... snug up the ring where the knob enters the pod. This should solve your issues!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts