Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2019 Sportsman XP Highlifter this past weekend. I notice the when the clutch engages i hear a clank noise coming somewhere from the rear of the machine. I am not sure if its from the rear diff or the clutch area. It makes the noise right when the clutch grabs when giving the gas after switching from drive to reverse. I also hear it when letting off the gas and coasting from about 10-15 MPH. When the sales man drove the bike off the circle spinning thing on the showroom floor i also hear it then but i thought it was the stand the bike was sitting on making the noise.

Is this noise normal, is it something i need to worry about. Also what do i need to do to get the clutch to engage faster. Its pretty jerky to get going from a stand still. Is the Jerky situation harming the bike in any way

·
Premium Member
7,682 Posts
In general Polaris CVT's are clunky and louder then you would expect if not used to a Polaris.

Post this up in the Highlifter section also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my first bike with this type of drive line so it possibly be normal. Just sounds weird to me

·
Premium Member
7,682 Posts
May want to post up a vid.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
my scrambler 1 k clanks like that since new, more in the front prop shaft u -joints, i changed the joints, its still doing it, Polaris specs tolerances at their best . !!!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Its not the u-joints its the yoke/shaft splines that have the slack... normal.
yeah thats what i meant to say its not the u joints that were making the noise even if they were loose, its the engineering,
you have to have a little play but its pretty bad when you think you might have something broken from the clunking, i dont care anymore, i might sell it,
2500 miles and everything is shot, even rear calipers are rattling like something is broke ! too much wrenching on something thats not even payed yet.
And i don't even mud. To me thats not pay to play,
thats shit parts and design failing prematurely on a new quad.
sorry just ranting, lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts