Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you put up your Polaris after riding? Wash it every time? Put it up dirty? Clean when you feel like it?

I personally have always took mine to the car wash after riding unless I've had to many :beer:

Or I go first thing the next morning. Try to keep the shop clean.

·
Premium Member
10,580 Posts
Clean for the next ride. Its a toy and and I try n keep it showroom nice.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a 550 stealth black that easily shows the dust and so I like to hose her off that same day or next morning.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I clean mine after every ride

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I'm usually pretty Anal / OCD about keeping my things clean and shinny.

So, I try to wash mine after every ride, the same day (while it's still fresh and easy ro clean off)!! If I can't get to it when we get home from a ride, it's done the very next day or evening after work.

But that too can vastly depend on the season here..... during the winter months the atv's usually don't get a wash job until I can put the garden hose back out outside for the summer.

During the summer I also hand wash our daily driver's about once a week, and during the winter I wash them every couple weeks (if it's above 0°F, Perk of the FD), just to get the sand/salt off.

·
Registered
567 Posts
It has to be dirty. If I put it away clean after every ride I would get nothing done but washing my atv. I take a ride every day. Even if it is only 10 or 15 minutes. And this time of year it is really muddy out there. So she gets put away dirty. But I do try to atleast rinse it off every week or two.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Clean or Dirty

After a ride it is off to the wash rack.Top to bottom. Looks better than the day I brought it home.Ken

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Only clean once

then dirty after that, who the shxt cares?!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm the same. I wash my truck weekly or every 2 weeks. Shoot I even wash the lawn mower before it goes back up in the shop (man cave). Built a 25x35 with 10ft ceilings and its my toy shed, so I keep everything in it clean as I can.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Try to clean after most rides. They are easier to work on when you keep them clean. I don't go crazy, but make sure all the mud or whatever else I went through is out of the nooks and crannies.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Kinda surprised no one has replied with a twisted mind yet with..... "I like mine clean shav..., but nasty dirty" :naughty:

Oops... guess Iit was me. :D

·
Registered
378 Posts
When I get home and after putting things away, My machine gets a bath! One of the reasons of getting it dirty is to clean it up! :)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Wash my baby after every trip

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Kinda surprised no one has replied with a twisted mind yet with..... "I like mine clean shav..., but nasty dirty" :naughty:

Oops... guess Iit was me. :D
You're sick sick sick. :D

From orbit via Android.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
clean I don't have anything dirty, stuff cost to much

·
Registered