Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Polaris Ranger 1000 Crew Premium
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed a 3" Lift Kit from Super ATV and 2" Aluminum Orion Wheel Spacers (Amazon) on my 2020 Polaris Ranger 1000 Crew Premium (Not the XP Version but the new XP 900) and I seem to have a clicking noise coming from the rear. I cant tell if it is my CV Shaft binding or what. I only notice it in slow speeds and it is random, but in sequence of 2-3 clicks each time.... I am fairly certain I got it installed correctly and I am fairly mechanically inclined but thought this was the only thing that could have went wrong.... I did 65ft/lbs on the 2" Aluminum Spacers and my wheels. My owners manual says 60ft-lbs for steel rims and 120ft-lbs for aluminum which I thought was WAY to tight.... Anyone have a solution to this problem or have been experiencing the same issue?

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
290 Posts
Sounds like your stock CV joints can’t take that much lift, that’s kind of a lot for stock shafts.

·
Registered
320 Posts
2” spacers with a 3” lift!!! Your stock axles are fubared. Be prepared to get some HD’s that can handle the steeper angle and additional forces due to the spacers. Doesn’t take much to blow the OE axles and likely at higher speeds your not hearing the clicking but it’s still there.

Reactions: MrEd

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
Yep - excessive CV joint angle - new drive shafts of the correct design will fix it

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Your asking the stock axles to do something they were NOT designed to do. You will need to replace them with longer axles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts