Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 09 sportsman 500H.O. and when im in H and freespooling (what i call it) going from accel and deceleration it sounds like somthing it clicking fairly loud (enough to notice). Is this normal?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Can you tell what side of the machine it's coming from? How many miles? Does it have ADC? Does your 500 have EBS? If so, i've run into alot of them that make some noise due to a lack of grease in the one way clutch. Fairly easy fix, just have to remove the clutch put some grease in the one way, and reinstall.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has 30 miles on it and i can really tell what side it is on. Not sure about the others. Its a 09 Sportsman 500 H.O.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ADC EBS? I now what ADC means but what is the other and how do i know if have these? I sound like i have no brains but i just havent had this thing long enough. or the time lately to mess with it.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Hey it's only 82 up here in Spokane this afternoon!

·
Registered
108 Posts
ADC will be noted on your AWD switch(right hand) Your switch would have three positions instead of two. Basically controls the front gear case, acting as a brake going down big hills.

EBS should be noted on your clutch cover if it came standard with it. EBS is engine braking system, just a little difference in the clutching. These are both things your dealer should have spent plenty of time explaining.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts