Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got tired of dune riding in El Paso, Headed to Cloud Croft Saturday. Its 9300' Elevation. Green Beautiful Views!

Only 2 miles in and a flat, stock tires, but my fault- I wasn't looking when I hit the sidewall on a rock. Good thing I had a compressor and a repair kit! 10 minutes later back on the trail

Buddy was on a 700 Raptor. Trails are very rocky, and still had snow. It was beautiful! Rode 33 miles on Saturday and plan to go up there again. There are a lot of trails and the Sacramento Ranger District station had great maps. The area we rode were old rail road and logging areas on the 1920's-Lots of old trestles and ties still remain.

My bike did seem a bit sluggish....Could that be the altitude? (2016 850SP Touring)

More photos at this link: https://goo.gl/photos/LvHS8JKghuhoByUk9

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Maybe 1 day. Bit far from me but may make it over that direction.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sea level is the ticket for ponies.

In 1991 I drove my Harley from Texas to the top of Pikes Peak. BTW, it snowed on us that July 3rd day as I tweaked on the carb non stop from what it seemed.

Just be glad you have fuel injection.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sea level is the ticket for ponies.

In 1991 I drove my Harley from Texas to the top of Pikes Peak. BTW, it snowed on us that July 3rd day as I tweaked on the carb non stop from what it seemed.

Just be glad you have fuel injection.

Snowing in July. Gotta love it :)

HP definitely back after coming back down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome, and thanks for sharing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts